Erectile Dysfunction Treatments
Erectile Dysfunction affects most men at some point in their lives. This can be due to variety of reasons, however now there are options available. Our prescribers can review your consultation and prescribe a suitable treatment. Common treatments such as Viagra and Cialis are available. Complete our FREE consultation today.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition that can cause difficulty in getting or maintaining an erection. This can make penetrative sex difficult. Erectile dysfunction can also be known as impotence.
Who does Erectile Dysfunction affect?
Erectile dysfunction can affect men of all ages, but can be particularly common in men over the age of 40.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
ED can be caused by either physical or psychological problems. Stress and depression are common in men who suffer from ED. Other causes can be due to lifestyle and medication. In some cases, a medical condition may be the cause of erectile dysfunction such as diabetes.
Men who suffer from ED find that it can affect their confidence, and cause issues within relationships. However there are a few treatment options for erectile dysfunction.
Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction can be self-diagnosed, although it is better to have a check-up with your GP to make sure it is not caused by an underlying condition.
ED can be treated with medication. However, lifestyle changes can also be effective and can be carried out alongside taking medicines. Cognitive behaviour therapy or counselling can address emotional causes and effects of erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction can improve with lifestyle changes. Examples of these are:
- Losing excess weight
- Stopping smoking
- Reducing alcohol intake
- Reducing stress levels
For some men it may be recommended to carry out lifestyle changes before considering taking medication, or to use both.
Erectile dysfunction can be treated with oral medicines. They all work in the same way by increasing the blood flow to the penis. This increase in blood flow can lead to an erection. Please note that these medicines only treat the physiological cause of ED, they do not increase sexual desire.
At Click2Pharmacy, one of our qualified prescribers can discuss the available medication options.
We offer 3 different types of oral medication:
- The branded version of this tablet is called Viagra.
- Sildenafil also comes as a generic (unbranded) version
- It comes in 3 different doses (Viagra 25mg tablets, Viagra 50mg tablets and Viagra 100mg tablets)
- 1 tablet is taken an hour before sex
- The effect can last 4 to 5 hours
- It is recommended not to take this tablet on a full stomach, as digestion of the tablet can be slowed down with food
- The branded version of this tablet is called Cialis
- Tadalafil is also available as a generic version
- Cialis and Tadalafil are available in 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg and 20mg tablets
- You can either take the 2.5mg/5mg dose daily, or take the 10mg/20mg dose when required
- The tablet is taken 30 minutes before sex
- The effects last for up to 36 hours
- You can take the tablet with or without food
- The branded version is known as
- Spedra is available in 50mg, 100mg and 200mg tablets
- The higher doses can be taken 15 minutes before sexual activity
- If on the lower dose of 50mg, then it recommended to take it 30 minutes before having sex
- The effects can last 4 to 6 hours
- It can be taken with or without food
Medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction can have side effects. It is important to read the patient information leaflet (PIL) before taking any medication. The most common side effects are:
- Body aches and pain
- Changes in vision
- Problems with digestive system
Although rare, it is important to be aware of severe side effects. These can include:
- Any sudden changes to hearing
- If you experience an erection that lasts more than 4 hours (priapism)
- Loss of vision
If you experience any of these severe side effects then you must stop taking the medication immediately and contact your GP.
UK Registered Pharmacy
Regulated & Secure
Free UK Deliveries
On Orders Over £40
Best Value Online