About Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream
|Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream
|Betamethasone and Neomycin
|Patient Information Leaflet
|Click here for the patient information leaflet
What is Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream?
Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream is a topical medication that comes in the form of a cream. It is used to treat eczema, a common skin condition that causes redness, itching, and inflammation.
What is Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream used for?
Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream is used to relieve the symptoms of eczema, such as itching, redness, and swelling. It works by reducing the inflammation and suppressing the body’s immune response in the affected skin areas.
How does Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream work?
Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream contains two active ingredients, Betamethasone and Neomycin. Betamethasone is a corticosteroid that works by reducing the inflammation, while Neomycin is an antibiotic that helps to prevent or treat bacterial infections. When applied to the skin, these ingredients work together to alleviate the symptoms of eczema.
Who is Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream suitable for?
Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream is suitable for adults and children over the age of 1 year who are suffering from eczema. It should not be used by anyone who is allergic to any of the ingredients in the cream.
How to apply Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream
- Wash your hands before and after applying the cream.
- Gently rub a thin layer of the cream into the affected skin areas.
- Apply the cream once or twice a day, as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
It is important to use Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream for the full course of treatment, even if your symptoms improve before the treatment is complete.
Buy Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream online from our online eczema & dermatitis treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream Side Effects
Common Side Effects
- Burning or stinging sensation at the application site
- Itching or irritation of the skin
- Dry skin
Uncommon Side Effects
- Rash or allergic reaction
- Thinning of the skin
- Changes in skin pigmentation
Serious Side Effects
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)
- Signs of skin infection, such as increased redness, warmth, swelling, or pus
- Adrenal suppression (rare, with prolonged use)
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Betamethasone and Neomycin
Other ingredients: Liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, chlorocresol, sodium acid phosphate, phosphoric acid, and purified water.
- Avoid using Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream on broken or infected skin, unless directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Avoid getting the cream in your eyes, mouth, or nose. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not cover the treated skin areas with airtight dressings or bandages, unless directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use Betamethasone & Neomycin Cream for longer than the prescribed duration, as prolonged use can lead to skin thinning and other side effects.