Emergency Contraception Online Clinic
Emergency contraception, also known as morning after pill, is available if you have had unprotected sex, or your usual method of contraception has failed and you are worried about falling pregnant.
At Click2Pharmacy, you can buy emergency contraception online from our licensed, UK-based pharmacists with fast delivery options. Simply start your consultation below and our pharmacists will advise you on the best emergency contraception for your needs.
Prior to your consultation with our pharmacists, you can browse options to buy the morning after pill online depending on what you feel would suit you best. During your consultation, our pharmacist will advise if there is a more suitable alternative.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Start Consultation Form Below
- Click Submit
- Add Product to Basket
- Strength / Quantity can be changed within product then add to Basket
Order the Morning After Pill Online
UK Registered Pharmacy
Regulated & Secure
Fast UK Deliveries
Best Value Online
Morning After Pill Options
There are two types of emergency contraceptive pill:
Levonorgestrel (Levonelle) emergency contraception
- Levonelle (brand name of levonorgestrel) is a pill that mimics the hormone progesterone
- It works by delaying or stopping the release of an egg (ovulation)
- It can prevent sperm from fertilising an egg that has already been released
- The tablet works best as soon as you can take it after unprotected sex
- You can take it up to 72 hours after unprotected sex
- Levonelle will not work if you are already pregnant
- If you are using a regular method of oral contraception, you can carry on taking this at your normal times
- If you vomit within 3 hours of taking the tablet, you should take another tablet.
Common Side Effects with Levonelle:
Nausea (feeling sick), Irregular bleeding until your next period, Tiredness, Headache, Lower abdominal pain
Levonelle may not be suitable if you:
Have small bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s disease)
Have severe liver problems
History of uterine problems
You are taking certain medicines (such as for HIV, epilepsy, tuberculosis)
You are taking St John’s wort
ellaOne Emergency contraception
- ellaOne contains ulipristal acetate, which works in a similar way to levonorgestrel by preventing or delaying ovulation
- It is also effective if taken later on in the cycle
- The tablet work best if you take as soon as possible after unprotected sex
- It can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex
- ellaOne can be taken any time during the menstrual cycle, however will not work if you are already pregnant.
- If taking regular oral contraception, ellaOne may reduce its effectiveness, so a barrier method (such as condoms) is recommended until your next period
- Vomiting may occur with ellaOne. If this happens less than 3 hours after taking the tablet, another tablet can be taken
- ellaOne can be taken more than once during your menstrual cycle
ellaOne may not be suitable if you:
Have severe asthma
Suffer from severe liver disease
Are allergic to any of its components
Are taking medicines to treat tuberculosis, HIV, epilepsy, fungal infections.
Take St. John’s wort
You think you may already be pregnant
Common Side Effects of ellaOne
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Changes in mood
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular bleeding
- Breast tenderness
Changes to your next Period
Both Levonelle and ellaOne may affect your next period. You may experience:
- Getting your period earlier or later than normal
- Your period may be shorter or lighter than normal- in this case, it may be recommended to take a pregnancy test as this can be a sign of pregnancy
Emergency Contraception FAQs
How does the morning after pill work?
The emergency contraceptive pill (or the morning after pill) can be taken up to 5 days after having unprotected sex depending on the product. It is available online to women aged 18 and over, and it designed to be used in an emergency, and not to be taken on a regular basis. Please bear in mind that the emergency contraceptive pill will NOT offer protection against STIs. If you are concerned about STIs, then you need to contact your GP or local sexual health clinic.
Do you need a prescription for the morning after pill?
You only need a prescription for the morning after pill in the UK if you are under 16. If you are over 16, you can purchase emergency contraception pills online from a licensed pharmacy.
What if I cannot take emergency contraception?
In some cases, the emergency contraceptive pill may not be suitable for you. There is another option to have an intrauterine device (IUD) fitted. This is a copper and plastic t shaped device that is inserted into the womb by a doctor or nurse, and can be fitted up to 5 days after having unprotected sex. It works by releasing copper which stops the egg being implanted into the womb or being fertilised. The IUD is up to 99% effective, and can be used as an ongoing method of contraceptive.
Can I buy the emergency contraception pill online in advance?
Yes, both Levonelle and ellaOne are available to buy at Click2Pharmacy, even if you don’t need the pill at that time. It can be useful to have the pill as a backup especially if you will be going away and need peace of mind.
Further information on emergency contraception can be found on the NHS website.