Betnovate Cream & Ointment
We are regulated by the General Pharmaceutical Council
We offer a variety of delivery options including Next day delivery. Spend over £70 for FREE delivery.
UK PHARMACY & CLINIC
Our pharmacy, clinic & prescribers are based in Greater Manchester.
Buy Betnovate Cream Online
Betnovate Cream is a topical corticosteroid medication containing betamethasone valerate, primarily used to treat eczema and dermatitis. It reduces inflammation, itching, and redness associated with these skin conditions.
How Does Betnovate Cream Work?
Betnovate Cream contains betamethasone valerate, which is a potent corticosteroid. When applied to the skin, it reduces the release of inflammatory substances in the body, thereby reducing swelling, redness, and itching associated with eczema and dermatitis.
Who Can Use Betnovate Cream?
Bentnovate Cream is suitable for most adults. However, it is not suitable if you:
- Are allergic to any of its listed Ingredients
- Want to treat any of the following conditions:
- Spotty red rash around your mouth (perioral dermatitis)
- Itchy skin that isn’t inflamed
- Infected skin
You should speak to a doctor or pharmacist before using if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to another steroid previously
- Will be applying it under an airtight dressing
- Have psoriasis
- Using for a leg ulcer
- Are applying it to your face
- You have a skin infection
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning on getting pregnant
If you need clarification on whether this medication suits you, read the patient information leaflet or speak with your doctor or a pharmacist.
Applying Betnovate Cream
- Wash your hands
- Gently run it into the skin until it’s disappeared
- Apply a thin layer of the medication to the affected area and gently rub it in.
- Rewash your hands once you’ve finished applying the medication unless you’re treating them.
Apply Betnovate Cream once or twice a day, which can be reduced as your skin improves.
Only use as long as prescribed. If there’s no improvement within 2-4 weeks, speak to your doctor.
Betnovate Cream Side Effects
Common Side Effects
- Burning, stinging pain, itching or redness where the medication has been applied
Uncommon Side Effects
- Thinning and dryness of the skin
- Increased risk of infection
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- An increase or reduction in hair growth or hair loss
- High blood pressure
Serious Side Effects
- Allergic reaction symptoms
- Severe skin irritation or burning
- Worsening of the treated condition
Read the patient information leaflet for a complete list of side effects. If you experience serious or concerning side effects, seek medical attention immediately.
Betnovate Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Betamethasone valerate
Other ingredients: Liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, chlorocresol, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, phosphoric acid, and purified water.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of its listed ingredients
- Avoid contact with your face and any areas affected by acne, rosacea, or other skin conditions.
- Keep out of SIGHT and REACH of children
- Do not use past the listed expiry date
- Do not smoke or go near flames due to serious fire hazard
Betnovate Cream For Dermatitis
Betnovate Cream FAQs
Betnovate Cream can be bought online from our online eczema & dermatitis treatment clinic following a free consultation with one of our licensed pharmacists. Once approved, your prescription will be issued and delivered with our quick and free delivery options.
It’s best to let the skin breathe and not cover the treated area with a bandage or dressing unless your doctor advises you to do so, as covering the affected area can increase the absorption of the medication, leading to potential side effects.
If you forget to apply Betnovate, do it as soon as you remember unless it’s almost time for your next dose. If so, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not apply extra to make up for a missed dose.
Betnovate is effective for managing flare-ups of chronic skin conditions. However, it is recommended for short-term use under a doctor’s or pharmacist’s guidance to minimise potential side effects.