About Betnovate Lotion
|Patient Information Leaflet
What is Betnovate Lotion?
Betnovate Lotion is a topical corticosteroid that is used to reduce inflammation in the skin. It is commonly prescribed to treat various skin conditions, including eczema and dermatitis. The active ingredient in Betnovate Lotion is betamethasone valerate, which belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids.
What is Betnovate Lotion used for?
Betnovate Lotion is primarily used to treat eczema, a condition that causes the skin to become itchy, red, dry, and cracked. It helps to reduce the inflammation and relieve the symptoms associated with eczema. In addition to eczema, Betnovate Lotion may also be used to treat other skin conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis.
How does Betnovate Lotion work?
Betnovate Lotion works by reducing the inflammation in the skin. The active ingredient, betamethasone valerate, acts inside the skin cells to stop the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces the redness, swelling, and itching, helping to alleviate the symptoms of eczema.
Who is Betnovate Lotion suitable for?
Betnovate Lotion is suitable for adults and children over the age of 1 year. It is not suitable for everyone, and there are certain circumstances where Betnovate Lotion may not be recommended. It should not be used on the face, groin, or underarms, and should not be used for longer than 4 weeks at a time.
How to apply Betnovate Lotion
- Wash and dry the affected area of skin.
- Apply a thin layer of Betnovate Lotion to the affected area(s) of skin once or twice a day.
- Rub the lotion gently into the skin until it has disappeared.
- Wash your hands after applying the lotion, unless your hands are the treated area.
It is important to use Betnovate Lotion exactly as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. The duration of treatment will depend on the severity of your eczema, but it should not be used for longer than 4 weeks at a time.
Buy Betnovate Lotion online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Betnovate Lotion online from our online eczema & dermatitis treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging. Buy Betnovate Lotion online today to start your eczema treatment.
Betnovate Lotion Side Effects
Common Side Effects
- Burning or stinging sensation at the application site
- Itching or irritation of the skin
Uncommon Side Effects
- Thinning of the skin
- Visible blood vessels under the skin
Serious Side Effects
- Allergic reaction (rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue)
- Severe skin irritation
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Betnovate Lotion Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Betamethasone valerate
Other ingredients: Liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, chlorocresol, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, phosphoric acid, and purified water.
- Do not use Betnovate Lotion if you are allergic to betamethasone valerate or any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid using Betnovate Lotion on broken or infected skin, unless directed by your doctor.
- Do not cover the treated area with airtight dressings unless directed by your doctor.
- Avoid prolonged use of Betnovate Lotion on the face, as it can cause skin thinning.