About Betnovate RD Cream
|Betnovate RD Cream
|Treating eczema or dermatitis
|Patient Information Leaflet
|Click here for patient information leaflet
What is Betnovate RD Cream?
Betnovate RD Cream is a topical corticosteroid that is used to reduce inflammation in the skin. It is available in the form of a cream and contains the active ingredient betamethasone valerate at a strength of 0.025%.
What is Betnovate RD Cream used for?
Betnovate RD Cream is primarily used for the treatment of eczema and dermatitis. It works by reducing the redness, itching, and swelling associated with these skin conditions. In some cases, it may also be prescribed for other skin conditions as determined by a doctor or pharmacist.
How does Betnovate RD Cream work?
Betnovate RD Cream contains betamethasone valerate, which is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid. It works by acting inside the skin cells to decrease the release of inflammatory substances, thereby reducing swelling, redness, and itching. This helps to alleviate the symptoms of eczema and dermatitis.
Who is Betnovate RD Cream suitable for?
Betnovate RD Cream is suitable for adults and children over the age of 1 year. It should not be used by anyone who is allergic to betamethasone valerate or any of the other ingredients in the cream. It should also be used with caution in certain circumstances, such as during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, and should not be applied to broken or infected areas of the skin.
How to apply Betnovate RD Cream
- Wash your hands before and after using the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area(s) of skin once or twice a day.
- Rub the cream gently into the skin until it has disappeared.
- Do not cover the treated area with airtight dressings or bandages unless directed by a doctor.
It is important to follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist regarding the duration of treatment with Betnovate RD Cream. In general, it should not be used for more than 4 weeks at a time.
Buy Betnovate RD Cream online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Betnovate RD Cream online from our online eczema & dermatitis treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Betnovate RD Cream Side Effects
Common Side Effects
- Burning or stinging sensation at the application site
- Itching or irritation of the skin
Uncommon Side Effects
- Thinning of the skin
- Visible blood vessels under the skin
Serious Side Effects
- Allergic reactions such as rash, itching, or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- Severe skin reactions
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Betnovate RD Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Betamethasone valerate
Other ingredients: Chlorocresol, cetomacrogol 1000, cetostearyl alcohol, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, sodium acid phosphate, phosphoric acid, and purified water.
- Do not use Betnovate RD Cream on your face unless instructed by your doctor.
- Avoid prolonged use on large areas of the body, especially in children and infants.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and do not apply the cream to broken or infected areas of the skin.
- Do not use if you are allergic to betamethasone valerate or any of the other ingredients in the cream.