About Fucibet Cream
|Apply a thin layer twice a day
|Type of Medicine
|Topical corticosteroid and antibiotic
|Fusidic acid combats bacteria, betamethasone reduces inflammation
|Fusidic acid, betamethasone
|Most Common Side Effects
|Irritation at the site of application, itching or burning sensation
|Patient Information Leaflet URL
|Patient Information Leaflet
What is Fucibet Cream?
Fucibet Cream is a topical medication used to treat skin conditions. It contains two active ingredients: fusidic acid, an antibiotic that combats bacteria on the skin, and betamethasone, a potent corticosteroid that reduces inflammation and swelling.
What is Fucibet Cream used for?
Fucibet Cream is primarily used to treat inflammatory skin disorders that have become infected. These include conditions like eczema and dermatitis. In addition, it can be used to treat other skin conditions that show symptoms of inflammation and infection.
How does Fucibet Cream work?
Fucibet Cream works by attacking two key aspects of eczema and dermatitis. The fusidic acid targets the bacteria causing the infection, while the betamethasone reduces the redness, swelling and itchiness often associated with these conditions.
Who is Fucibet Cream suitable for?
Fucibet Cream is suitable for adults and children over the age of one. However, it is not suitable for people who are allergic to any of the ingredients, or for those with viral skin infections (like cold sores), fungal skin infections, tuberculosis, acne or rosacea.
How to apply Fucibet Cream
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected skin.
- Gently rub the cream until it is fully absorbed.
- Repeat this process twice a day, unless instructed differently by your doctor.
You should start to see an improvement in your condition within a few days of using Fucibet Cream. If your condition does not improve after 7 days of treatment, or if it gets worse, consult your doctor.
Can you buy Fucibet Cream online?
Yes, you can buy Fucibet Cream online from our online clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Fucibet Cream Side Effects
Like all medicines, Fucibet Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common Side Effects:
- Irritation at the site of application
- Itching or burning sensation
Uncommon Side Effects:
- Skin thinning
- Changes in skin colour
Serious Side Effects:
- Severe allergic reaction
- Worsening of your skin condition
If you experience any rare, severe or concerning side effects from taking Fucibet Cream, stop using the cream and seek immediate medical attention.
Fucibet Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: The active ingredients in Fucibet Cream are fusidic acid and betamethasone.
Other ingredients: The other ingredients include butylhydroxyanisole, cetyl alcohol, glycerol, liquid paraffin, potassium sorbate, polysorbate 60, purified water and white soft paraffin.
- Do not use Fucibet Cream if you are allergic to fusidic acid, betamethasone or any other ingredient in this cream.
- Do not use this cream on your face unless specifically instructed by your doctor.
- Avoid contact with your eyes and mouth. If the cream gets into your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use this cream for longer than the time period recommended by your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before using Fucibet Cream.