What are Germaloids Suppositories?
Germaloids Suppositories are a type of medication used to treat haemorrhoids. They are inserted into the rectum and work by providing relief from the symptoms associated with haemorrhoids, such as itching, pain, and swelling.
What are Germaloids Suppositories used for?
Germaloids Suppositories are primarily used for the treatment of haemorrhoids. Haemorrhoids, also known as piles, are swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus that can cause discomfort and bleeding. Germaloids Suppositories help to reduce the symptoms of haemorrhoids and promote healing. In some cases, Germaloids Suppositories may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by a doctor or pharmacist.
How do Germaloids Suppositories work?
Germaloids Suppositories contain active ingredients that work by reducing inflammation and soothing the affected area. When inserted into the rectum, the suppository dissolves, releasing the medication to provide relief from symptoms such as itching and pain. The active ingredients in Germaloids Suppositories help to shrink the swollen blood vessels, reducing discomfort and promoting healing.
Who are Germaloids Suppositories suitable for?
Germaloids Suppositories are suitable for adults and adolescents over the age of 12 who are experiencing symptoms of haemorrhoids. It is important to read the product information and consult with a doctor or pharmacist to determine if Germaloids Suppositories are suitable for you, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking other medications.
How to use Germaloids Suppositories
To use Germaloids Suppositories:
- Wash your hands before and after using the suppository.
- Remove the suppository from its packaging.
- If the suppository feels soft, place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before removing the wrapper.
- Lie on your side and raise your knee to your chest.
- Using your finger, gently insert the suppository into the rectum, pointed end first.
- Remain lying down for a few minutes to allow the suppository to dissolve.
Germaloids Suppositories should be used as directed by a doctor or pharmacist. Typically, they are used once or twice a day, and the duration of treatment will depend on the severity of the haemorrhoids. It is important to follow the instructions provided with the medication and not to exceed the recommended dosage.
Germaloids Suppositories Ingredients
Active Ingredients: The active ingredients in Germaloids Suppositories include zinc oxide, lidocaine hydrochloride, and bismuth subgallate. These ingredients work together to provide relief from the symptoms of haemorrhoids.
Other ingredients: The other ingredients in Germaloids Suppositories include hard fat and glycerol monostearate. These ingredients help to form the suppository and aid in its insertion and dissolution.
When using Germaloids Suppositories, it is important to be aware of the following warnings and precautions:
- Avoid using Germaloids Suppositories if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Consult with a doctor or pharmacist before using Germaloids Suppositories if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you experience any unusual or severe symptoms while using Germaloids Suppositories, seek medical advice immediately.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Germaloids Suppositories.
- Keep Germaloids Suppositories out of reach of children.
For more detailed information about Germaloids Suppositories, you can refer to the patient information leaflet provided with the medication or visit the following link: Germaloids Suppositories Patient Information Leaflet.