About Dulcolax Tablets
|Patient Information Leaflet
|Click here for patient information leaflet
What are Dulcolax Tablets?
Dulcolax Tablets are a type of medication that comes in the form of oral tablets. They are commonly used to relieve constipation. The active ingredient in Dulcolax Tablets is Bisacodyl, which is a stimulant laxative. These tablets work by stimulating the muscles in the intestines, causing them to contract and move the stool through the bowels.
What are Dulcolax Tablets used for?
Dulcolax Tablets are used to provide relief from constipation. Constipation is a condition in which a person experiences infrequent bowel movements or has difficulty passing stools. It can be uncomfortable and painful, and Dulcolax Tablets help to alleviate these symptoms by promoting bowel movements.
How do Dulcolax Tablets work?
Dulcolax Tablets contain Bisacodyl, which is a stimulant laxative. When taken, the active ingredient stimulates the nerves in the colon, causing the muscles to contract. This action helps to move the stool through the intestines and facilitates bowel movements. It usually takes 6 to 12 hours for Dulcolax Tablets to produce their effects.
Who are Dulcolax Tablets suitable for?
Dulcolax Tablets are suitable for adults and children over the age of 10 who are experiencing constipation. However, there are certain circumstances in which Dulcolax Tablets may not be suitable. These include individuals with a history of allergic reactions to Bisacodyl or any of the other ingredients in the tablets, as well as those with severe dehydration, abdominal pain, or intestinal blockage.
How to take Dulcolax Tablets
To take Dulcolax Tablets:
– Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
– Do not crush or chew the tablets.
– The usual dose for adults and children over 10 years old is one to two tablets at night.
– Do not take more than the recommended dose.
– Do not take Dulcolax Tablets for more than 5 days without consulting a doctor.
Buy Dulcolax Tablets online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Dulcolax Tablets online from our online constipation treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued, and your medication will be delivered in discrete packaging.
Dulcolax Tablets Side Effects
Common side effects of Dulcolax Tablets may include stomach discomfort, abdominal cramps, and diarrhoea. Uncommon side effects may include allergic reactions such as rash, itching, and swelling. Serious side effects are rare but may include severe abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, and dizziness. For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Dulcolax Tablets Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Each tablet contains 5mg of Bisacodyl.
Other ingredients: The other ingredients include lactose, maize starch, sucrose, glycerol, magnesium stearate, talc, acacia, white beeswax, shellac, carnauba wax, and titanium dioxide (E171).
– Do not take Dulcolax Tablets if you are allergic to Bisacodyl or any of the other ingredients.
– Do not take if you have severe dehydration, abdominal pain, or intestinal blockage.
– Do not take if you have an inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
– Do not take if you have a rare hereditary condition of galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
– Do not take if you have a history of bowel perforation or obstruction, severe colitis, or toxic megacolon.
– Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting a doctor.