What is Polytar Shampoo?
Polytar Shampoo is a medicated shampoo used to treat scalp conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. It contains active ingredients that help to reduce inflammation and relieve itching and flaking.
What is Polytar Shampoo used for?
Polytar Shampoo is primarily used to treat scalp conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. It can also be used to relieve symptoms of psoriasis and dandruff.
How does Polytar Shampoo work?
Polytar Shampoo contains coal tar, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-itch properties. When applied to the scalp, the coal tar reduces the inflammation associated with eczema and dermatitis, helping to relieve itching and flaking.
Who is Polytar Shampoo suitable for?
Polytar Shampoo is suitable for adults and children over the age of 12 who are suffering from scalp conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, or dandruff. It should not be used by anyone who is allergic to any of the ingredients in the shampoo.
How to use Polytar Shampoo
- Wet the hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of Polytar Shampoo to the scalp.
- Gently massage the shampoo into the scalp to form a lather.
- Leave the shampoo on the scalp for a few minutes to allow the active ingredients to work.
- Rinse the shampoo out of the hair and scalp thoroughly.
Polytar Shampoo should be used two to three times a week for the treatment of eczema or dermatitis. It is important to continue using the shampoo for as long as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist to ensure the condition is properly treated.
Polytar Shampoo Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Coal Tar Solution 4% w/w, Coconut Oil Diethanolamide, Disodium Phosphate, Lauric Diethanolamide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate, and Water.
Other ingredients: Fragrance, Hydrochloric Acid, and Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
- Avoid getting Polytar Shampoo in the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use Polytar Shampoo on broken or inflamed skin.
- Discontinue use if irritation occurs and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Avoid using other medicated shampoos while using Polytar Shampoo unless directed by your doctor or pharmacist.