|Patient Information Leaflet
|Rizatriptan Patient Information Leaflet
What is Rizatriptan?
Rizatriptan is a medication used to treat migraines. It belongs to a class of drugs known as triptans, which work by narrowing blood vessels in the brain to relieve migraine headaches.
What is Rizatriptan used for?
Rizatriptan is primarily used to treat migraines. It is not used to prevent migraines or reduce the number of attacks. In some cases, it may also be used to relieve cluster headaches.
How does Rizatriptan work?
Rizatriptan works by binding to serotonin receptors in the brain, causing the blood vessels there to narrow. This helps to relieve the pain and other symptoms of a migraine attack.
Who is Rizatriptan suitable for?
Rizatriptan is suitable for adults aged 18 to 65 who experience migraines. It is not suitable for use in children or the elderly. It may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions, such as uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, or liver problems.
How to take Rizatriptan
- Take one tablet as soon as you feel a migraine coming on.
- If your symptoms improve but then return, you may take a second tablet at least 2 hours after the first tablet.
- Do not take more than 2 tablets in a 24-hour period.
Rizatriptan should be taken as soon as possible after the onset of a migraine. It is not for regular use to prevent migraines.
Buy Rizatriptan online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Rizatriptan online from our online migraine treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Rizatriptan Side Effects
Common Side Effects
- Feeling weak or tired
- Feeling hot or cold
Uncommon Side Effects
- Feeling sleepy
- Feeling sick or vomiting
Serious Side Effects
- Chest pain or tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Changes in heart rate
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Active Ingredients: Each tablet contains 10mg of Rizatriptan benzoate.
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, and others.
- Do not take Rizatriptan if you have uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Do not take Rizatriptan if you have heart disease or a history of heart disease.
- Do not take Rizatriptan if you have liver problems.
- Do not take Rizatriptan if you have had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA).
- Do not take Rizatriptan if you are allergic to Rizatriptan or any of the other ingredients in the tablets.