|Treating Genital Warts
|Green Tea Extract
|Patient Information Leaflet
What is Catephen?
Catephen is a topical ointment used to treat genital warts. It contains a concentrated extract of green tea leaves, which has antiviral properties.
What is Catephen used for?
Catephen is primarily used for the treatment of genital warts. It can also be used to treat other types of warts, such as common warts and plantar warts.
How does Catephen work?
Catephen works by inhibiting the growth of the HPV virus, which causes genital warts. It does this by blocking the virus’s ability to replicate, thereby preventing the spread of the infection.
Who is Catephen suitable for?
Catephen is suitable for adults and children over the age of 12 who have been diagnosed with genital warts. However, it may not be suitable for people who are allergic to green tea or any of the other ingredients in the ointment. It should also not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
How to apply Catephen
- Wash your hands and the affected area with soap and water.
- Dry the area thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of Catephen to the warts.
- Allow the ointment to dry before covering with clothing.
- Wash your hands again after applying the ointment.
You should apply Catephen three times a day, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Treatment should continue until the warts have completely disappeared, which can take up to 16 weeks.
Buy Catephen online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Catephen online from our online genital warts treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Catephen Side Effects
Like all medicines, Catephen can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common Side Effects
- Burning sensation
Uncommon Side Effects
Serious Side Effects
- Severe allergic reaction
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Active Ingredients: Catephen contains a concentrated extract of green tea leaves.
Other ingredients: The ointment also contains isopropyl myristate, oleyl alcohol, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, white soft paraffin, hard paraffin, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, glycerol, lactic acid, benzyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, and purified water.
- Do not use Catephen if you are allergic to green tea or any of the other ingredients listed above.
- Do not use Catephen on broken skin or open wounds.
- Do not use Catephen if you are pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use Catephen on children under the age of 12 without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.