What is Daktarin Gold 2% Cream?
Daktarin Gold 2% Cream is an antifungal medication used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, and fungal nappy rash. It contains the active ingredient ketoconazole, which works by killing the fungi that cause the infection.
What is Daktarin Gold 2% Cream used for?
Daktarin Gold 2% Cream is primarily used to treat ringworm, a common fungal infection that causes a red, scaly, and itchy rash on the skin. It can also be used to treat athlete’s foot and fungal nappy rash. It is important to note that Daktarin Gold 2% Cream should only be used for the specific condition it is prescribed for.
How does Daktarin Gold 2% Cream work?
Ketoconazole, the active ingredient in Daktarin Gold 2% Cream, works by interfering with the cell membranes of the fungi, causing them to die off. This stops the fungi from growing and spreading, ultimately clearing up the infection.
Who is Daktarin Gold 2% Cream suitable for?
Daktarin Gold 2% Cream is suitable for adults and children over the age of 12. It should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women unless advised by a doctor. It is important to consult a doctor or pharmacist before using Daktarin Gold 2% Cream if you have a known allergy to ketoconazole or any of the other ingredients in the cream.
How to apply Daktarin Gold 2% Cream
To apply Daktarin Gold 2% Cream, follow these steps:
- Clean and dry the affected area of skin.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area and the surrounding skin.
- Gently rub the cream into the skin.
- Wash your hands after applying the cream, unless your hands are the affected area.
Daktarin Gold 2% Cream should be applied twice daily, in the morning and evening. It is important to continue using the cream for at least 10 days after the symptoms have cleared to ensure that the infection is fully treated.
Daktarin Gold 2% Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Ketoconazole 2% w/w
Other ingredients: PEG-6, PEG-32, glycol stearate, oleoyl macroglycerides, liquid paraffin, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, and sorbitan monostearate.
When using Daktarin Gold 2% Cream, it is important to be aware of the following warnings and precautions:
- Avoid getting the cream in the eyes, mouth, or nose. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use Daktarin Gold 2% Cream on broken or inflamed skin, unless directed by a doctor.
- If you experience an allergic reaction, such as a rash, itching, or swelling, discontinue use and consult a doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- Consult a doctor before using Daktarin Gold 2% Cream if you are taking any other medications, especially anticoagulants or oral antidiabetic drugs.
For more detailed information about Daktarin Gold 2% Cream, you can refer to the patient information leaflet provided with the medication or visit the following link: Daktarin Gold 2% Cream Patient Information Leaflet.