About Fucidin H Cream
|Fucidin H Cream
|Treating eczema or dermatitis
|2% Hydrocortisone and 1% Fusidic Acid
|Patient Information Leaflet
|Click here for the patient information leaflet
What is Fucidin H Cream?
Fucidin H Cream is a topical medication that contains two active ingredients, 2% Hydrocortisone and 1% Fusidic Acid. It is used to treat various skin conditions, particularly eczema and dermatitis. The cream is applied directly to the affected area of the skin and works by reducing inflammation and fighting bacterial infections.
What is Fucidin H Cream used for?
Fucidin H Cream is primarily used to treat eczema and dermatitis. It is also effective in treating other skin conditions that have become infected with bacteria. These may include infected cuts, grazes, or insect bites. The cream helps to relieve symptoms such as redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort associated with these skin conditions.
How does Fucidin H Cream work?
Fucidin H Cream contains two active ingredients, Hydrocortisone and Fusidic Acid. Hydrocortisone is a type of corticosteroid that works by reducing inflammation in the skin. This helps to relieve symptoms such as redness, swelling, and itching. Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic that specifically targets and kills the bacteria causing the infection. Together, these two ingredients work to alleviate the symptoms of eczema and dermatitis and fight the underlying infection.
Who is Fucidin H Cream suitable for?
Fucidin H Cream is suitable for adults and children over the age of 10. It is not suitable for use in children under 10 years old. This medication may not be suitable for individuals who are allergic to any of the ingredients in the cream. It should also be used with caution in pregnant or breastfeeding women, and those with certain skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, or perioral dermatitis.
How to apply Fucidin H Cream
- Wash and dry the affected area of the skin before applying the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area and gently rub it in.
- Wash your hands after applying the cream, unless your hands are the affected area.
Apply the cream to the affected area twice a day, in the morning and evening. Use the cream for as long as your doctor or pharmacist has advised, usually for up to two weeks. If your symptoms do not improve within this time, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
Buy Fucidin H Cream online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Fucidin H Cream online from our online eczema & dermatitis treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Fucidin H Cream Side Effects
Fucidin H Cream may cause side effects in some patients. It is important to be aware of the potential side effects before using this medication.
Common Side Effects
- Burning or stinging sensation at the application site
- Itching or redness of the skin
Uncommon Side Effects
- Allergic skin reactions such as rash or hives
- Thinning of the skin
Serious Side Effects
- Severe allergic reactions such as swelling of the face, lips, or throat
- Skin infections or worsening of existing infections
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet provided with the medication.
Fucidin H Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: 2% Hydrocortisone and 1% Fusidic Acid
Other ingredients: Liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, butylhydroxyanisole, and cetostearyl alcohol
- Do not use Fucidin H Cream if you are allergic to hydrocortisone, fusidic acid, or any of the other ingredients in the cream.
- Avoid using the cream on broken or infected skin, unless specifically advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not cover the treated area with airtight dressings or bandages, unless instructed by your doctor.
- Avoid getting the cream in your eyes, and if accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.