About Warticon Cream
|Treating genital warts
|Patient Information Leaflet
|Click here for patient information leaflet
What is Warticon Cream?
Warticon Cream is a topical medication used for the treatment of genital warts. It comes in the form of a cream and contains active ingredients that work to eliminate the warts.
What is Warticon Cream used for?
Warticon Cream is specifically used for the treatment of genital warts caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is not intended for use on warts located inside the vagina, cervix, or the urethra. Warticon Cream is not suitable for the treatment of warts on the face, mouth, or other areas of the body.
How does Warticon Cream work?
Warticon Cream contains active ingredients that work by preventing the growth and spread of the HPV virus. The cream is applied directly to the affected area, where it targets the warts and helps to clear them.
Who is Warticon Cream suitable for?
Warticon Cream is suitable for adults over the age of 18 who have been diagnosed with genital warts. It is not suitable for use in children. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor or pharmacist before using Warticon Cream.
How to apply Warticon Cream
To apply Warticon Cream:
- Clean the affected area with mild soap and water and allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream directly onto the warts and allow it to dry.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying the cream.
Warticon Cream should be applied twice a day, in the morning and evening, for three consecutive days. This should be followed by a four-day break. The treatment cycle should be repeated for up to four weeks, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Buy Warticon Cream online from a UK pharmacy
You can buy Warticon Cream online from our online genital warts treatment clinic by completing a free consultation. Once reviewed by a licensed pharmacist, your prescription will be issued, and your medication delivered in discrete packaging.
Warticon Cream Side Effects
Common side effects of Warticon Cream may include:
- Mild burning or itching at the application site
- Redness or irritation of the skin
Uncommon side effects may include:
- Severe skin reactions
- Allergic reactions
Serious side effects are rare but may include:
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe skin irritation
For a full list of side effects, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Warticon Cream Ingredients
Active Ingredients: The active ingredients in Warticon Cream are 0.15% podophyllotoxin and 0.5% podophyllotoxin.
Other ingredients: The other ingredients in Warticon Cream include purified water, alcohol, and lactic acid.
- Avoid using Warticon Cream on broken or bleeding skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use Warticon Cream if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not use Warticon Cream if you are pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.